GUARDIANS OF THE EVERGLADES®
THE POWER OF LEADERSHIP
Education and understanding are keys to protecting the Everglades for future generations. The Guardians of the Everglades® installation gives this conservation story emotional appeal by focusing on the power of leadership and the subtle beauty of these unique wetlands.
What is GUARDIANS OF THE EVERGLADES®?
- Multimedia exhibition
- Classical art - Eleven life size oil portraits
- Video interviews
- Written narratives
- Photography - 24 sheer banners of endangered species
- Photography - Intensely colored metallic colored & infrared prints
A documentary featuring the stories of conflict and triumph of the Guardians will be independently distributed.
- Documentary - Full length drama of conflict & progress.
- The protagonists are 11 living men and women working in different ways toward a united goal - to protect the central character, the star, the vast Everglades ecosystem.
- The antagonists are ignorance, indifference and greed in the form of poorly regulated development, predatory agriculture and careless exploitation.
- Will the Everglades continue to provide clean water for homes, agriculture and recreation?
- The outcome is in the balance. The Guardians provide a model for understanding and for action.
- Book - A coffee-table book showcasing the art and the stories of the Guardians and the artists who created the exhibit will also be independently distributed.
- Leadership matters; Guardians matter
- Conservation of the Everglades is critical
- We are one of the endangered species
- We can change
- We all can be conservation leaders, Guardians of the Everglades
The Guardians of the Everglades® exhibition will be on permanent display in south Florida for public viewing, with opportunities for loans to museums throughout the country.
Call to Action
Secure a permanent venue such as FGCU Lutgert School of Business
Secure funding to purchase the exhibition*
Secure funding to underwrite the documentary & book*
What is the nexus to leadership?
- Develop FGCU School of Business & School of Environment curriculum -- “Responsible Environmental Leadership is Good Business”
- Florida and national conservation organizations
- Photography publishers & organizations such as iLCP & National Geographic
- Fine art publishers and organizations
Create Action Figures to involve children
NICHOLAS PETRUCCI, Artist CONNIE BRANSILVER, Photorapher
Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Checks can be mailed to us with “Guardians” or “Bransilver” in the memo space.
4000 Albemarle Street, NW
Washington, DC 20016